Rusty and I made stuffed green peppers (a little revised) this evening and I thought I would share the recipe and pictures! It turned out so good, the best thing is we have left overs for tomorrow!!!!
Here is our revised edition of stuffed green peppers... hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (will make 2 green peppers with some mixture left over):
2 Chicken Breast or 1lb ground chicken (if you use breasts you will need to grind it)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Cholula powder seasoning (or taco seasoning)
1/2 cup canned yellow Sweet corn
1/2 cup canned black beans
2 whole green peppers
1/2 cup diced green peppers
1/2 cup diced red peppers
1 jalapeno pepper (seeds removed) diced
2 tablespoons salsa
1/4 cup fat free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Lean Cuisine, Sante Fe Rice and Beans
1. In a frying pan add chicken, garlic, and cholula seasoning: brown until done
2. While your chicken is cooking, microwave the Sante Fe Rice and Beans as directed on box
3. In another frying pan: saute red peppers, green peppers, and jalapenos until tender
4.. Add corn, black beans, Sante Fe Rice and Beans, green peppers, red peppers, and jalapeno: warm together on stove top
5. Boil whole green peppers in water until tender (about 5-10 minutes, once tender remove from water and place in baking pan
6. Stuff mixture (chicken, rice and beans, and veggies) into cooked green peppers
7. Add 1 tablespoon of salsa to the top of each green pepper
8. Bake in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes
9. Add half of 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top and place back in the over for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
We also made home-made chips to go along with the peppers, they are pretty easy to make:
1. Take 4 corn tortillas and cut them into triangle shaped pieces
2. Place them on a greased pan (we used Pam cooking spray) and season them with lime juice and chulula seasoning
3. Bake them in the over at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy
4. Serve with salsa
The whole meal (one stuffed green pepper plus chips and salsa) was about 6 grams of fat and 400 calories!!
Hope your enjoy!!