Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a Wonderful Weekend!

Well they say all good things must come to an end, and this weekend is nothing different. I am sad to see the weekend go, it was simply wonderful with a few strange events.

We had a great drive down.... warm and sunny which made for a great drive until we hit traffic, traffic, and more traffic. The drive to NC should usually take 5-6 hours and it ended up taking us like 10 hours..... not fun at all!







Due to the traffic, we were a little late to Greek Sing at Barton College but we didn't miss the best performance of the night.... Sigma Sigma Sigma! They won, which makes it three years in a row. Their theme was Sigma Anatomy, very cute!









After Greek Sing we headed to El Tap for Mexican Food for Fred's birthday. It was a great time, with great food complete with the waiter staff signing Happy Birthday to Fred and fried ice cream!








The next day we headed to Founder's Day to celebrate our founding Sigma Sisters and our sisterhood. It was great to catch up with great friends who I have not been able to see in over a year. I didn't get to take many pictures, but here is one with our chapter advisor, Tracy. She is an amazing woman and I have no idea how she does everything that she does.... she is pretty much a living super hero!











Alex and I then headed to see little Pasilee..... I finally got to meet her (it only took one year!) She is just toooooooo cute, I just love her sweet little personality and she is so smart! Ashley is a great mom, Pasilee is a lucky girl.








Alex and I had to rush home to beat the multiple tornadoes which were all around the area... I was very nervous! I am not a big fan of thunderstorms at all, so you can only imagine how I would feel about tornadoes! We were lucky to dodge them.... although one did strike down about 5 minutes from where we were staying.... the damage that was caused to the state of NC is just so sad.







Later that night we headed out to dinner again... Japanese this time, super yummy. We returned and played some mean games of Clue.... I rocked haha! I have already told Rusty that I want to get the game....can't wait to play again!











Alex's cat, Gracie, kept us company the whole weekend. She is just so soft and pretty, I am not usually a big cat person but she is just so cute!










The weekend came to an end and it was time for us to travel back home..... but not before a trip to Bojangles, yummy!









I can not wait until the next time we are able to head down to NC, it is always a good time. Thanks Alex and Fred for being great host and allowing us to stay with you!

1 comment: