Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Southwest Chipotle Chicken Salad

Rusty and I were both home because of the snow/ice today, he had off and I was working from home. Even though I had to do some work, it was nice to spend the day with him!
Going along with my previous post about changes, I am starting to make some changes in my eating habits and counting calories! I had a craving for something Mexican and came up with this idea, Southwest Chipotle Chicken Salad.....didn't really have anything to follow- just pulled some stuff together!










It was pretty easy to make:
- bag of bagged salad (any kind that you like)
- 1/2 can of canned corn (I used salt free)
- 1/2 can of black beans
- chicken (I used the pre-cooked kind and seasoned it with Chipotle Tabasco sauce)
- salsa (just a little on top of your plate will do)
- 1 tbs of Zesty Italian Dressing (you only need a little with all the other
seasoning and salsa)

It turned out very well... good flavor and super healthy- only 285 calories!!

2 comments: