Monday, February 14, 2011

The verdict is in......

Well I got some answers.....not one I was looking for but at least I got some answers! I have what is called Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or better known as "runners knee". Hard to believe since I have not been running, but the doctor said it can happen with high impact exercises which is what the 30 day shred is all about! We are hoping its just a sprain or strain and not a tear! They gave me a cortisone shot to help with the pain and swelling and this wonderfully bulky brace to prevent my knee from bending! Needless to say, I have to take it easy for 2-3 weeks and depending how things are at that point start back slow into working out. All very disappointing since I have really been into doing the video, but I have to listen if I want my knee to get better!

On a side note, I was able to loose 4.5 pounds my second week!!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment