I don't generally partcipate in these sort of blog titles/topics but I don't really have anything too exciting to report from the weekend (I worked, did yard work, ran errands....nothing very exciting) so I thought I would give it a try.
I am not sure if I am going to be able to come up with 50 exciting things about me.... but here it goes!
1. I have an obsession with Walt Disney World! It is my favorite place on the earth and I LOVE to visit.... multiple times each year! I also follow several blogs devoted just to Disney World! My favorite Disney blog to follow is Easy WDW :)
2. My husband and I joined the Disney Vacation Club during our honeymoon visit to Disney. Our Home Resort is Disney Animal King Lodge Kidani Village!
3. I have been to Disney World in FL more than 25 times! Are you convinced that I am a HUGE fan???
4. I got engaged in the Cinderella Castle at the Royal Table, the restaurant located inside the castle. My ring came out on a platter in a glass slipper on top of rose petals! It was wonderful.... and it was my husband's first trip to Disney!
5. My next trip to see Mickey and Minnie is in 46 days! Rusty and I are heading down for our three year wedding anniversary with our friends Alex and Fred! They will be celebrating their recent wedding :) We are staying at Old Key West Resort.... ok no more Disney facts (I promise!)
6. I am a home hospice social worker.... it can be emotionally draining but an extremely rewarding career. I have a huge pasion and respect for hospice care, it provides so much to the patient and their family involved. I have been working in the hospice field for more than three years.
7. My undergraduate degree is a Bachelors in Social Work from Barton College in Wilson, North Carolina
8. I received my masters from University of Maryland in Medical Social Work
9. While at Barton College, I joined a sorority- Tri Sigma. It was the best thing I did during my college experience, I learned so much! I miss my sisters so much, living so far away from everyone is no fun :(
10. I was president of my sorority.... lots of work but taught me great leadership skills that I still use today
11. I have two dogs- Snickers and Sophia. They are both Shih Tzu's- Snickers is 3 years old and Sophia is 2 years old
12. I live in a small town in Pennsylvania outside of York, PA which is about 1 hour north of Baltimore, MD
13. Before I took my new position closer to home, I used to commute about 2-2.5 hours to and from work everyday.... yuck!
14. I drive a Volkswagon lime green convertable bettle.... I LOVE it :)
15. My husband and I got married October 4, 2008 at the Links at Gettysburg (a golf course in Gettysburg, PA)
16. I first went to college to study Elementary and Special Education.... I changed my major my Sophmore year
17. Both of my grandmothers have passed away- my Granny and Nanny. I miss them both very much
18. My parents still live in my childhood home in Manchester, MD- about 30 mins from my house
19. I am scared to have children.... I think I want them, but there are just so many scary things that come along with being a parent
20. My husband works for a family owned business called Millers Food Market, he is the grocery manager
21. My favorite board game is Clue.... I am actually pretty good. I think its my awesome detective skills!
22. I read my kindle every night before going to bed, I love to read! I am always looking for good book suggestions
23. I jointed my first book club a couple of months ago. We are working on book number three- French Lessons
24. I love to watch TV- some of my favorites are True Blood, LOST, Big Bang Theory, American Idol, Army Wives, How I met Your Mother, Amazing Race, Survivor, etc
25. Rusty recently got me into Man Vs. Food.... I think I gain like 5 pounds each time I watch!
26. Speaking of weight... I have recently lost about 65 pounds. I have about 20 more to go to reach my goal!
27. Since starting my weight loss journey, I actually look forward to working out now.... on most days!
28. I have never seen the Wizard of Oz.... most of my friends make fun of me for it!
29. I have a HTC EVO phone.... I am addicted to my smart phone!
30. My husband collects PEZ and took me on a romantic getaway to Myrtle Beach.... where we attended a PEZ conference (yes, they do have them!)
31. My favorite type of food is Mexican.... I could eat it every day!
32. I also love Chipotle, their food is great!
33. I used to eat so much watermelon when I was younger (like 5 years old) that my mom was worried I would wet the bed... hahaha!
34. I have never been out of the country, although I hope to one day
35. I have 6 nieces and nephews- Olivia, Huntington, Luke, Hannah, Ava, and Alex!
36. My favorite ice cream is soft serve black raspberry from our local ice cream shop
37. I have curly hair, I like it on most days but that does not include humid days.... can we say hello frizz??
38. My husband is fours years older than me
39. One of my best friends, Julie, lives 5 mins down the road.... I love it!
40. My best friend from college, Kati, lived in South Korea for two years.... hard to believe my little Kati lived half way across the country :)
41. If I could change my career, I would become a nurse
42. I would rather have a bag of chips vs a bag of chocolate
43. I have a hear of failing.... anything! I don't like to disappoint people
44. I am a home body at heart.... I love quiet time at home with Rusty and the pups
45. I had two dogs growing up- an English Springer Spaniel named Kipper and a Yorkie named Kayto (we didn't name him....)
46. My quilty pleasure is New Jersey Housewives.... I know, I know
47. Before I decide to have children, I would love to travel to Europe and Mexico!
48. I don't like closed minded people, especially those who are rude!
49. I wear my heart on my sleeve, which is sometimes bad!
50. I have never really met anyone famous.... I am hoping that changes soon!!!
Ok, there you go! I hope you were able to learn something new about me. I hope that some of you decide to do this as well. I am ready to read new stuff about everyone :)