Rusty and I created a new meal the other day, based off of one of our favorite places to eat- Chipotle! We wanted something that tasted the same, but a little more healthy! Here is what we came up with!
Mexican Stir Fry
Ingredients (makes two servings):
Two Boneless Chicken Breasts- cut into strips
1 Cup Canned Corn (low sodium)
1 Cup Black Beans (drained)
2 Cups (uncooked) brown rice
Cilantro (can use dried)
1 sweet onion (cut into strips)
1 green pepper (cut into strips)
Weber Chipotle Marinade (powder mix)
1/4 cup Olive Oil (for marinade mix)
1/4 cup water (for marinade mix)
1. Cut Chicken into strips and mix chipotle marinade (with water and olive oil). Let stand for 1 hour before cooking. We grilled our chicken, but you could cook it on the stove top if needed
2. Cut onion and green peppers into strips, seasons with pepper and garlic powder. Cook on stove top until tender. Add corn to the skillet once peppers and onions are about half way done
3. Boil water for brown rice, add rice once water is boiling. While cooking, seasons with lime and cilantro to taste
4. Heat black beans on the stove for about 5-10 minutes or until warm
5. Place 1 cup cooked brown rice on a plate, add 1/2 cup black beans, top with peppers/onion/corn mix, and then add chicken on top
There you have it, a little Mexican stir fry! Super yummy and healthy!
1 serving is about 6.5 grams of fat and 425 calories.