Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake in Pennyslvania??

I never thought I would be typing those words, but today it happened. Well I guess thats what you would call it.... we felt the shock of the actual Earthquake that hit in Northern VA.
I do home care/hospice for a living but I was actually in the office catching up on some paperwork when it occured. Thank god I was not at someone's house, I think I would have been more scared. My office is on the 4th floor of a building, so it was really weird to look out and see the windows "shifting" back and forth. Luckily, we had no damage to our office building or our home.
I can't say that I was scared, just felt a little weird. I never thought that I would be involved in an earthquake in Pennsylvania! I was very eager to leave the office and get home to check on our pups. I felt bad that they were home all alone during it.... I am not even sure if they knew anything was happening but still I was nervous for them. Rusty assured me that they probably just slept through it, but I am hearing reports on the news and radio that some dogs actually started barking and carrying on a few mintutes before the earthquake hit, like they were able to sense that it was coming??
Weird, the whole thing is just very weird to me. Has anyone else ever been in an earthquake? What did you guys think about it??

No comments:

Post a Comment