Sunday, February 14, 2010

I am NOT a Believer.....

I know it has been awhile since I have posted a blog.... things have been busy around the Christman house! I finally was able to leave work on Thursday evening- after two nights of sleeping in a not so comfy office :( It then took me almost three hours to get home..... wow what a long three days! At least I was able to get home safe and sound to my comfy bed. Needless to say- I crashed that night and slept REALLY good- of course with the company of Snickers, Sophia, and Rusty! Rusty even spoiled me once I got home.... he made me breakfast in bed and then a wonderful dinner. For dinner he made an awesome Hawaiian Chicken dinner dish. It had Chicken, green and red peppers, yellow and green squash, pineapple, and rice. All flavored with a Hawaiian-luau mix- it was absolutely delicious. When we were in Disney we ate at a Hawaiian restaurant, I have to say Rusty did a pretty good at making Hawaiian food :) Here is a picture of our dish- I don't even think the picture did the meal justice!!!


Now, I am sure you are wondering what is with the title of my blog....well you might have guessed it- its about Valentines Day! I am not a complete Valentines day hater, however, I really do not believe in celebrating the "holiday" for myself! I really think that it was a holiday created to help out card stores like Hallmark. If you love someone, you should try to show it year round- not just one special day of the year. Like I said before, I am not a Valentines Day hater.... I don't mind people celebrating it and I have even celebrated it before myself. I just don't see the importance of buying really expensive gifts and doing all this fancy stuff on just one given day of the year.

Now that I am done venting about Valentines Day.... I hope you all had a good weekend and if you celebrated the big day, I hope you had a wonderful day :)
I promise I will have a more entertaining blog soon. I am open to ideas!!!
Until next time..... have a great Monday (I am trying to stay positive and not think about having to return to work tomorrow....)

No comments:

Post a Comment