Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just Call me Coupon Queen!

A big thank you to Jodi for my extra coupon motivation. I have always tried to use coupons when possible,after all it is a great way to save a buck or two. After Jodi posted two posts about coupon savings, it gave me some extra motivation for my coupon adventure!! Thank you Jodi :)

Today I went shopping at Target and Giant(grocery store)- armed with the coupons I had saved over the past week. Before I left the house, I made sure that I had my lists and coupons organized for my two stops. My shopping adventures went very well, especially since I was able to have some wonderful company- Julie came along with me on my shopping trip.

At Target, my original bill was $30 and I ended up paying $20- a savings of $10 with my coupons. At Giant, my original bill was $72 and I ended up paying $50- a savings of $22 with my coupons. Overall, I spent $70 on groceries, paper products, personal items (shampoo, body wash, etc), and cleaning products. I was able to save $32 with my coupons- not too bad for the first "intensive" coupon shopping adventure. I will be sure to post more about my coupon trips in the future. My goal is to eventually save more with coupons than I spend, this is another idea I got from Jodi's blog. We will see how it goes... hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments: